On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My high school used to offer classes in electronic music. This was back
> in.............oh, 1986.
> We used Sequential Circuit Pro One synths and recorded to 4 track
> reel-to-reel. Learned all about FM synthesis.
> Best class in high school ever.
>
> I doubt they still offer it.

wow.  that's got to be the earliest i've heard of something like that.

but if you want the youngsters to get it, you've got to go with the kids.

Apple is doing something very very similar with the ipods.  Folks even MY
age are very reluctant to switch.  They are a lost cause.

Give the kids ipods...and they're going to want the laptops...then they'll
want the desktops.  they've already seen a significant spike in their
laptop purchases.

Building a market for electronic music, or even for Leftist/Progressive
politics, will take the same type of thing.

peace
lks