My high school used to offer classes in electronic music. This was back
in.............oh, 1986.
We used Sequential Circuit Pro One synths and recorded to 4 track
reel-to-reel. Learned all about FM synthesis.
Best class in high school ever.

I doubt they still offer it.

MEK

                      Lester Kenyatta

                      Spence                   To:       "Redmond, Ja'Maul"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:       313@hyperreal.org

                      u>                       Subject:  Re: (313) FW: Market
elec music vs educate  (Was: Electronic music culture in
                                                America)

                      10/07/2004 04:02

                      PM

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Redmond, Ja'Maul wrote:

> If you wanted to reach a younger, less-educated crowd with the intention
> of giving them some insight in the history of the music, how would you
> go about?
>

> John

I would establish ties with the local high school, and convince them to
set up a shop elective in electronic music.

peace
lks