At 11:15 AM 10/7/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If I recall, there was a record shop owner in some college town who was
afraid that since most students were downloading music his business would
drop. It did immediately but is now picking up quickly. What more, the
college kids are buying vinyl because they appreciate the format's sound
and packaging.

i wish that was the rule. two out of the three independent record stores near my old school have gone out of business. one of the nicest shops in providence closed not long ago as well.

now it may very well be that these are due to new competition from FYE and Newbury Comics, but considering that the old shops were in walking distance of college campuses and the new ones are much farther, i doubt it.
--
unsigned short int to_yer_mama;
matt kane's brain