De : Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : Thursday, October 07, 2004 8:25 PM
À : 313 Detroit
Objet : Re: (313) Is this the new Swayzak sound?

Yes, that is very true for Australia, but I have no figures.
Alicia Keys' latest record is considered a commercial failure (to BMG's dismay,
many of the staff believed in what is an extraordinary record) yet her
Australian shows have sold out.
I think people - young people - are putting money in mobile phones and so don't
have as much money for records. They download. Also people spend money on live
shows and download music. Many a musician says that touring, not record sales,
is their main source of income these days.
Australia has always had a strong live circuit though.

----------
>From: "Cobert, Gwendal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "313 Detroit" <313@hyperreal.org>
>Subject: RE: (313) Is this the new Swayzak sound?
>Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 7:03 PM
>

> On the "music doesn't sell as much as it used to..." tip - I've read
> that while record sales are going down, tickets for concerts are going
> up very fast... Is it the same in the US and Australia as well, or
> just some European cultural exception ?
> Gwendal

all.