Success!!! ;)

> but thats not the point. i actually wonder if maybe theres a
> digital stage in the mastering/pressing process that is
> making certain things sound bad.

Could be it. Omar S 4 definitely sounds like digital clipping. All I know is
that *most* Detroit House tracks don't sound like that, but a
disproportionate number of those that do come from Theo Parrish. If he just
gets a bad luck when it comes time to press them up, it would seem he's very
unlucky, because as I understand it he's got control over the product up
until the time it gets there. Also, I'm struggling to think of a Theo
Parrish track that sounds like a crappy recording that *isn't* on Sound
Signature (or the Ugly Edits). His Third Ear and Peacefrog stuff sounds
wicked. Just saying there seems to be a lack of quality control either when
it comes time to 'ok' the recordings or approve the test presses, and I
would assume there's only one person in charge of that at Sound Signature.

Hope I'm not sounding like a hater, it's just that as a music lover myself,
I love the hear the music - not the limitations of the medium.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]