Redmond, Ja'Maul wrote:

He would literally  play that same minimal sample for 15 to 20 minute.

Ha ha!!  Isn't that *all* minimal music?!

But this brings us to what Martin says:

Martin Dust wrote:

> Who cares Tosh to be honest...
>
> Martin

How can you know what to expect when you see the name of a performer on a flyer?

For example if you see "Richie Hawtin" maybe you will expect what Ja'Maul the Troll described. But if you see "Richie Hawtin LIVE" then what can you expect?

Do performers need to start listing what gear they will be performing with?

Jeff Mills w/ 909, Abelton, and Slide Whistle.

I know *I* certainly wouldn't want to go to a Hawtin show with the same minimal sample for 15 to 20 minutes, but I would go if it was the Blue Machine and cycloops and the other junk...

I also think anyone who wants to discuss if this is "right" or "wrong" should be shot. It's the way it is, and at least let's try and develop an understanding of what's happening.

Tosh

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/