Naaaah duude. Not even. Omar's stuff is cool. And when he does it he DOES IT.
But (especially lately) I've felt he was cashing in on the detroit hype to a
degree by getting by with sub par mixdowns (his ideas are always there, just
the execution...) no mastering, and general inconsistency in his production
quality. The fact that more than a few of his tunes are literally unplayable
behind a properly mastered track without losing TONS of frequencies put me off
more than one of his records. On the subject of the LP, I think the lp is an
almost perfect culling of the tracks from the cd. If only they would've ditched
"striders world" (much better bleepy stuff about with more concept and
atmosphere <cough> hieroglyphic <cough>) and "I love you alex" (obviously
unmastered and waaaaaay overdriven bass to the point of obscuring other
frequencies=mud) and replaced them with "100% house" and "out of control" .
That would be sublime. I'm buying the album by the way. And I'm a big fan.!
  Just want him bringing his A game if I'm spending my dough. Nahmeen? To be
honest though, I really shouldn't compare them dudes as they're sooo different
in approach and concept that it's almost a disservice to both. I think they
both are excellent artists each in their own right, but I've never failed to
buy a HB track I liked. I've passed on plenty of Omars stuff that I really
liked, 'cause I couldn't bring myself to pay for such crappy sonics. There's
the difference.

(hope I'm not being too blunt and sounding like a hater 'cause it's not like
that)

Kamal K. Stoddard
Turner Broadcasting Systems