i wonder what the female listeners to booty think about the lyrics.
what i do think is that it, like rap lyrics, must analysed within its
cultural context, it's not enough for someone in the deepest europe
expressing their disdain for booty lyrics....

fab.

****

Fab, I think you just hit the nail on its head dude.

I notice most (?) of US peers are silent on this so far (although it is
a bit early in many places.) I'd even go so far as to say that some of
our African American US peers may be especially ambivalent about the
whole topic - although I am bringing in this aspect very gingerly and I
hope no one either wilfully misinterprets what I'm saying or tries to
twist this (so far) quite non-insulting debate into something else.

A big question is: how many of us here know what it's like to be the
average black American man or woman? What's important and what's not?
What's funny, what's not deemed specifically offensive, what's deemed
acceptable (rightly or wrongly) or not, within *that* context?

I don't know, and I don't think most of us on this list do either.