I don't think you can not acknowledge what she did in the sphere of gender
politics and the representation of women, she was a subversive. That is an
integral part of what she is. The feminists in the academy were terrified of
Madonna when she first came along - she changed the paradigm of feminism. I
don't care much for the current incarnation of Madonna, the lady of the
manor, but she was cutting-edge once. What annoys me with the new album is
that she hasn't been to a disco in how long so how can she be representing
that?
Also what happened to Guy Ritchie? He's become the Dennis Thatcher of
film...