I dunno - I am quite happy to level the same criticism to wrinkly old
leatherpantses like Bono!

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 November 2005 23:09
To: 313 Detroit
Subject: Re: (313) Madonna..

And to add to that, if Madonna has become more conservative, I think it's
more the effect of wealth, not age. I am glad to see her defy her age -
agism is another weapon used against women, 'the old expiry date', and the
more women who don't 'act their age' the better.

> I don't think you can not acknowledge what she did in the sphere of gender
> politics and the representation of women, she was a subversive. That is an
> integral part of what she is. The feminists in the academy were terrified of
> Madonna when she first came along - she changed the paradigm of feminism. I
> don't care much for the current incarnation of Madonna, the lady of the
> manor, but she was cutting-edge once. What annoys me with the new album is
> that she hasn't been to a disco in how long so how can she be representing
> that?
> Also what happened to Guy Ritchie? He's become the Dennis Thatcher of
> film...
>
>> Left to her to her own devices and she would most likely have sunk like a
>> stone
>> I credit her for being pretty damn savvy when it comes to business and
>> trend following
>> she's not a trail blazer at all - it's everyone she surrounds herself with
>> (stylists, producers, etc.) that are the trail blazers
Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.