On Nov 23, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Greg Earle wrote:

I don't ordinarily jump in to idiotic arguments like this but when
my homeboys are attacked, I gotta represent.

If you knew how to read thoroughly, instead of just taking a few phrases out of context of my post, then you wouldn't feel the need to "jump in". Since when has it become wrong to express your critical opinion of a show on this list?!?!? Is it now wrong to point out on the list that yes, minimal techno and house DOES go beyond the glitchy stuff? Just because I chose to point out the limited approach of your promoter "homeboys" you feel the need to personally attack me?!?

Did I personally attack any of the producers? No. The promoters? No. Does this mean that you need to "represent" the fact that these producers only book (thus far aside from Dan Bell) flavor of the moment glitch producers, while claiming to "represent" minimal techno as a whole?

If you feel so strongly about your opinion, then act like an adult and try and rebut my points piece by piece, instead selecting fragments of a quote, a personal attack, and relying on some producer's apparent inability to take criticism, "dude".

I showed this post to John Tejada (via the elists.Resynthesize site)
and he said "Who is this Wojtek retard?  I have nothing to do with
Hawtin or his label, I'm not some trendy/popular producer, and there
were 500 people there loving it and it looks like the 4 that didn't
just had to rush to their computers to diss it."   'Nuff said.

And as to your later comment:

It's not like apendics.shuffle (or however you spell his name) and Orac had albums out more than a year ago (or that large of a body of work for that matter)

[a]pendics.shuffle is Kenneth Gibson, a.k.a. Eight Frozen Modules,
and he's been around here (LA) for many years now - his first 8fm
album on City Slang was released 'way back in 1997.  Get your facts
straight before you spout off, dude.

        - Greg