There are so many things that happen around the time
of DEMF that I would suggest to make the festival
_part_ of your trip to this region of the US. There's
also MUTEK happening in Montreal (which is GORGEOUS
that time of year and not too far away) and also there
is Chicago about a three hour drive away from detroit
that is a great city to see and do things in.

 I also suggest a day trip up to Ann Arbor (do not
miss out on all the great food and Encore Record
store) and other parts of the Detroit area like
Cranbrook, Royal Oak, etc. If you're going to be
there, might as well make the best out of the greater
area.

 There will be parties- guarenteed. Like every year
things happen and start moving about two weeks before
hand. If you look at the festival as part of a larger
trip I think one could enjoy it more and not invest
too much in its 'fun factor'.

 ...just a suggestion.

(who will not be attending to do work obligations)

--- "O.L. From The Basement"