In a message dated 3/5/00 3:23:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< however, I get the feeling that when an artist releases an EP with only
two tracks on it that a) they don't have any other material or b)they're
trying to cash in! or both!

Am I right?

First of all, I'm annoyed when records with only 2 tracks are referred to by
anyone as EPs. Wrong ! They're 12"s ! Three or more tracks per disc
constitute an EP. I also hate it when somebody puts out a 2x12" and refers to
it as an EP. Wrong ! It's a double-pack ! (the only difference between a
double-pack and an album is a full album cover).

Nomenclature aside, I'd rather buy a 12" w/ 2 loud, fat-ass tracks than a
4-song EP where only one or two of the tracks are any good. We've all been
there (and I've probably put a few out).

a.

PS. Assuming anyone on the list actually listens to techno anymore, the new
Sender Berlin remix EP on Tresor is a motherfucker.