i disagree. eps and 12"s cos the same price,
so who cares how many tracks are on there?
it's about quality, not quantity. some of my
favorite records have a track on side A
and side B is the instrumental of side A.
i'd rather 2 good tracks on a 12" or EP
than 4 tracks just so it can be said "there's
four tracks here". andrew duke ps ditto for
albums; albums used to have 6 or 8 tracks,
sometimes just 4 long ones, but you'll find
the quality was higher. today, especially
with cds, artists often jam up cds to 74 +
minutes and some of it is filler because of this.
if they did 40 minute LPs and 40 min cds,
the quality might be higher. again, i'd rather
40 mins of good music on an LP, than 78 minutes comprised
of 40 min good and 38 mins filler "just to make
it 78 minutes". quality always wins over quantity.

--
Cognition/Andrew Duke's In The Mix
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]