----- Original Message -----
From: Doctor Schinkelfunk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: (313) 2 track EP's SUCK!

> Hi,
>
> Well, there are some technical problems with vinyl, which limit the total
> amount of music you can put on one side. Dance music with lots of bass and
> swishing hi-hats sounds best if there is a maximum of 8.00 to 10.00
minutes
> per side. So if an artist makes a track of say 6 minutes, he or she can
> either decide to put another track on the same side which has to be around
> 4 minutes, or decide to leave that one track of six minutes on the side,
> and fill the other side with a different track.

Good point, but what would You say about records that have only 1 track (btw
really a SINGLE by all means ;)))))  on side A , BUT side B has nothing
on???  I remember myself thinking of this issue when I was considering of
buying a single track record by T-1000's  on Pure Sonic , but was low on
cash (I live in country where most of underground and even some commercial
dj fee is equal to cost of 3-8 records).  Unfortunately I can't tell You
excatly the name of a record because I didn't buy it, although this SINGLE
track was pretty hot.

Visu labo
ix