> don't mince your words now... say what you really think.  seeing as your
> clearly not all that keen on The Avalanches i suggest a copy of the new
> Shake on Frictional and/or Macho Cat Garage on downLow as this weeks
> purchase instead!  probably not particularly revolutionary, if that's what
> you're after, but stunningly good music nonetheless.

I've only heard Juno's MP3 of the Shake (but will no doubt buy it on the
strength of that) but I'll second (maybe it's more like seventh now) that
Macho Cat Garage 12". It's great! I picked up the Delsin $tinkworx and
"Satellite Cities" twelves while I was at it: oh you talented mailing list,
you. Also got the Every Dog 3 today, very expensive but thankfully (?) there
aren't too many records that are that essential these days - the 4th and 7th
tracks particularly stood out to me. Mmm Mmm. I do still like techno after
all. I *didn't* by the Akufen record I listened to, so maybe not too much,
but I would have bought the one on A Touch Of Class if it was in stock, as
it's mighty.

Cheers to Scott and his T-Funktioneers for a Friday in Liverpool, I heartily
recommend taking him up on his invitation to visiting 313ers. If anyone
wants to have me up to play in Edinburgh or Cambridge, I've got friends I
never see in both and it's a good excuse to meet folk :)

Jonny