> sorry JT, i didn't mean it as an insult...

i realize that, but you definitely did not understand what i said or
something...

> please help me dispel my pre-conceived notions by suggesting
> some techno-classical cross-over stuff that you find good
> and not "gimmicky". in other words, please school me.

ffs, i have no idea, i don't even know of anything besides the jeff
mills thing and the c2 thing and i haven't heard either. otherwise
it's pretty obvious that lots of the strings in techno could just as
easily be in classical music, and you have stuff like john
beltran...so why not welcome the crossover? cross-polination of
musical styles is what brings about new styles and moves music
forward.

to get outside the techno bubble, and look at dance music/black music
vs classical, well..jazz and most of the music of the 20th century.
techno is the descendant of  a classical clash already.

> i don't think you were referring to me specifically but i
> don't find tom a troll but rather far too opinionated for me
> to engage in any sort of dialectic discourse regarding
> music.

he's just a blowhard. he has more interesting stuff to say than most,
and encyclopedic knowledge to make his bs seem believable.

jt