> > please help me dispel my pre-conceived notions by
> > suggesting some techno-classical cross-over stuff that
> > you find good and not "gimmicky". in other words, please
> school me.
>
> ffs, i have no idea, i don't even know of anything besides
> the jeff mills thing and the c2 thing and i haven't heard
> either. otherwise it's pretty obvious that lots of the
> strings in techno could just as easily be in classical
> music, and you have stuff like john beltran...so why not
> welcome the crossover? cross-polination of musical styles
> is what brings about new styles and moves music forward.
>
> to get outside the techno bubble, and look at dance
> music/black music vs classical, well..jazz and most of the
> music of the 20th century. techno is the descendant of  a
> classical clash already.

i was referring to a techno-classical crossover, and not
cross-pollination in general. and that would have been quite
foolish since techno is not a "pure" genre in anycase.

i'm sorry but i dont get the last paragraph quoted above
though. what do you mean by "dance music/black music vs
classical"?

f.