You just gotta watch it, gmail SEEMS to me to randomly turn on rich
formatting. It's the first button above typing in the message body. If
it says Rich formatting >>, you have it where you want it. If it says
<< Plain Text and has some text formatting options, click the plain
text button. And keep your eye on it because like I said it seems to
randomly turn it on.

Or I'm on crack again... somethin