unless you have your own ISP and mailservers, your email is being stored on someones pop server, at least until you download it, and often for 3-5 days after that.

and then there are email volume backups, legal in some countries.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Heutte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 9:08 PM
Subject: Fw: Re: (313) Plain text please, G-Mailers

"i cant imagine why anyone would use anything other than gmail at this
point"

Well let me help.  I don't use gmail or any other hosted mail
because I prefer not to have my mail stored on anyone's
hard drive but my own.

It is often said that, "Google doesn't live in our world, we
live in theirs," but despite my admiration for Google I don't
agree to that.

fh

------ mail forwarded, original message follows ------