This is all true if you are looking at the problem and not the cause.

But if you look at the roots of the problem, it is the same issue that
has plagued the music business since it's inception. Intellectual
property, what it is, and how you market it. That is the music
business. Focusing on performance, saying shut up and perform and be a
real "worker", is an easy way to make irrelevant the last 120 years; I
don't see that as a reasonable conclusion, it's purely pragmatic, and
a rather outdated approach. It glazes over the intellectual property
aspect which is fundamental. For example -- is writing worthless,
then? If you can write music but can't perform it, you're just sh*t
out of luck in that scenario. Because when music sales fail, when
intellectual property can be so easily stolen and appropriated, it
subverts other old-fashioned ways of making a living from music such
as writing and publishing as well. I appreciate the pragmatic, and
that simpler/old-fashioned is better sometimes, but that is not a
progressive or entirely relevant position. And blaming the
fans/sometimes-customers isn't really a helpful way of figuring out
why the market is running into the problems it does. Convenience is
impossible to compete with; when something is free, it's ridiculous to
expect people to go pay for it anyway. We live in individualistic
societies, "doing the right thing" does not drive markets. I sure wish
it did. This is capitalism, and capitalism demands viable products,
safeguards that protect that viability, etc (hence we have the RIAA
desperately suing people). The internet as we know it may not exist
for that much longer. That is the only conclusion I can come to. But I
really don't have an answer. If I did I'd be rich and famous.