Anybody who lives on a budget will take pride in getting something for
nothing. That is how it works.

Of course R-a-D will keep selling Serato. It's a good product.
Refusing to sell it would be like refusing to sell blank cd's because
people use them to burn bootlegs. Please! And R-a-D, like any other
music retailer, needs all the sales they can get. They are not in any
position to make any significant, broad-reaching change to how the
music business works these days, especially since there is no clear
way to make it work any better. The business has dug itself into a
hole. It panicked about digital music file sharing; it was way too
late in noticing the potential of the technology, and when it did it
tried to lock it down, and they're still trying to, and it's not ever
going to succeed. It is one of the biggest f-ups in the history of the
music business. Policing the internet seems like an impossible task,
but it will be done more and more, corporate technology will
eventually, finally, really tamp out nearly all file sharing...that is
my prediction. It's been catching up for the past few years..