Kent, i was more aiming to the richer, broader and deeper sound i feel
the wav provides on a club soundsystem. i cannot comment on this from
a sound engineer perspective, but rather subjective experience. i
think a good sound system can reproduce low end frequencies i cannot
hear at home, maybe sitting too close to the speakers, or speakers are
incapable to reproducing these frequencies., but that's the juice that
shakes my cells in the club. generally club music strongly focuses on
effects of loud sound and following that is the neccecary "breathing
space" or headroom that i feel get's tighter with compression. what
about the stuff you hear out in clubs ? do you feel there's an extra
perspective you gain when you hear a song that you know, played on a
loud soundsystem ? is it more feeling than math ? i wonder if we're
underestimating the frequencies that we cannot hear but rather feel
have an effect on our ears and body....