kent williams a écrit :
Actually the MP3 sample is first.
OK I got it wrong, using world class 700$ headphones. Not even a
surprise as my hearing is not that great after all those years.
And if I did get it right, it would have meant zilch.
I also don't think a quality sound system would make any difference, at
least for this material. That means you can probably
find music for which there would  be very subtle differences (maybe
complex classical music), but there is reason why MP3 320K
is considered transparent by most experts.

It's very to have a quality DAC though, and I got quite a leap in sound
quality (punchiness, clarity) when I upgraded
my PCMCIA sound card (Audigy 2 ZS) to an external USB one (EMU 0404 USB).