Hey All,

For a long time we would distribute our built mac clients via google
drive using the google drive web interface. We simply zip the built
client and upload. Since the auto-update feature works quite well we
haven't used it recently.

Until today:
 - I have a working built client
 - I zip the client and upload to google drive
 - If I download the zip file (via a browser) and expand to get the
client, the client will crash when I try to open it. The system log
shows an error related to signatures.
 - Here's the kicker: If I use the google drive app, so that google
drive shows up as a local drive, I can download the .zip file, expand
it and it runs fine.

BTW - all the MD5 checksums are the same for the uploaded and
downloaded .zip files.

As best I can tell, the Mac knows where the files are coming from and
is not happy with those from "the internet".  Is there a way to get a
developer signature on the built clients?

I am running 17.0 HF3 and I am seeing this with Mac OS 10.13.6 and OS 10.12.5.

Anyone else running into this?

Thanks,

dave

--