Thanks Jeremy,

I like your idea of integrating into your build code. I saw an old
tech note on that, but it seems out of date.

I am currently using an Applescript for code signing:
set theDocument to choose file with prompt "Select the 4D Client application:"
set filepath to POSIX path of theDocument
do shell script "xattr -cr \"" & filepath & "\""
do shell script "codesign --deep --force --verbose --sign
\"DEVELOPERID\"  \"" & filepath & "\""

Where DEVELOPERID is the alphanumeric key between the () in the
certificate name you get from apple.

Is there an easy way to get the file path to the built client and
server apps for the command line?

dave
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 5:39 AM Jeremy Roussak via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> FWIW, I found information on signing hard to unearth and harder to
> understand. Eventually, I managed to sign my compiled application using these
> commands at the end of my build method:
>
> LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("xattr -cr "+$appPath)
> LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("codesign --deep --force --verify --verbose --sign
> \”xx\" "+$appPath)
>

> Extended attributes must be removed before signing, it seems, hence the first
> line. I don’t know whether all the flags to codesign are necessary; I do know
> that it works, and frankly that’s good enough for my purposes at the moment.
>
> Jeremy
>

> > On 19 Nov 2018, at 19:36, Dave Nasralla via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Keisuke. Is there information on signing a built app?
> >
> > We did find the command
> > xattr -d com.apple.quarantine filepath
> >
> > but if signing the app will work, I'd like to do that.
> >
> > dave

David Nasralla
Clean Air Engineering