Dave,

FWIW, I found information on signing hard to unearth and harder to understand.
Eventually, I managed to sign my compiled application using these commands at
the end of my build method:

LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("xattr -cr "+$appPath)
LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("codesign --deep --force --verify --verbose --sign
\”xx\" "+$appPath)

Extended attributes must be removed before signing, it seems, hence the first
line. I don’t know whether all the flags to codesign are necessary; I do know
that it works, and frankly that’s good enough for my purposes at the moment.

Jeremy