    Toni> Could you give me a hint where to find the new abc standard you're
    Toni> discussing. (saves me from clicking)

Look at the directory
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/standard/?cvsroot=abc

The file abc.txt is the actual official 1.6 standard.

The file abc-draft.txt is the draft standard as Chris Walshaw left it.

abc2abcdraft.txt is one possible format for specifying changes, as
applied to the changes between abc.txt and abc-draft.txt.

The other files are experiments on the part of the ABC standards
committee to produce a process that is both friendly and unambiguous
for specifying changes to the standard.  The ones that are essentially
other formats for abc.txt are called standard.*, and include pdf,
html, and txt versions of the information in abc.txt.  The ones called
standard-propose.* are the equivalent for abc-draft.txt.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574