Phil Taylor wrote:

> A few things to consider when discussing repeat syntax:

> * If we can have multiple alternate endings, why not multiple alternate
> segments within a repeat, not necessarily at the end?  This is common in
> pipe music, and we have seen requests for it on this list.

Yes please!!  I was tempted to bring this up earlier, but was trying to
be good and stick with John Chamber's one-step-at-a-time concept.
However, I guess it wouldn't hurt to put in another plug for addressing
this issue.

The other big problem for pipe music is the lack of a mechanism for
reusing endings later in a tune. However, given a means to mark an
ending (or mid-repeat "conditional material") with arbitrary text, it
should be easy to get the tadpoles to look right even if it's
prohibitively complex to get a player program to deal with it.

cheers,
Ewan Macpherson