From: "I. Oppenheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, John Chambers wrote:
>
> > BTW, a year or so back, I had my tune finder's search bot  count
the
> > tunes  that  seemed  to come from abc2win (because of the !
chars, or
> > because they had a "% ... abc2win" comment). It came to between
9 and
> > 10%  of the tunes.
>
> Good to have some actual figures!

If

1. the above comment means that abc2win always writes its name in a
comment

and

2. The files which use ! in the middle of a line as a line break are
almost all written by abc2win

then this is very encouraging news!

The standard can be set to say that !...! is a special symbol, and
developers can programs to read files on that basis UNLESS the
header contains "abc2win" in which case it is a line break!

Someone tell me that life really could be that simple!
Please!!!!!!

Dave
David Webber
Author of MOZART the music processor for Windows -
http://www.mozart.co.uk
Member of the North Cheshire Concert Band
http://www.northcheshire.org.uk