John Chambers  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, glad to see you're doing this. I've volunteered in the past, but
> the  RSCDS didn't respond.

So far I'm doing this for my own enjoyment, with no official RSCDS
sanction. I want to have an »Original Tunes for RSCDS Dances« book
that saves me hauling 40+ booklets to those workshops where the
teacher makes up his mind what to teach over breakfast on the same day
(no kidding).

I haven't yet decided what to do about publication of the ABC files.
I suppose the thing to do would be to integrate them into Alan
Paterson's DanceData somehow (or at least the WWW front end) and see
what happens :^)

> If you're trying to transcribe the entire RSCDS  versions  of  tunes,
> you  might  want  to start commenting here about the abc limitations.
> You'll probably see a lot of them.  Keyboard music is the worst case.

I'm only doing the melody and chords. I try to stick to what is in the
books but don't lose sleep over stuff that I feel needs changed.

> Are you doing the dance descriptions, too?

No -- different construction site. I need the dance descriptions only
when I'm teaching, and then I usually know what I want to do and just
take the book along.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I just found out that the brain is like a computer. If that's true, then there