In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Richard Robinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Is anybody else here looking much at MusicXML ? I've been having a look
>over the last few days, and I must say, I'm rather impressed. It seems
>to me that this could all be tremendously useful to us, as ABC users.

Why? It doesn't have the ability to write your own, and isn't a format
you could play from as ABC is on both counts.

>I was going to compose a wild-eyed rant on the subject, but sadly I
>don't have time just now because I'm going out in a minute. But I've
>put some things together into an introductory webpage, plus a few
>examples to show some existing possibilities.
>
>http://www.qualmograph.org.uk/musicxml/
>
>Main points are, that to be able to convert abc into musicxml, and vice
>versa, has lots of interesting possibilities for useful and fun new
>tricks. And also, that many of us may be nearer to being able to take
>advantage of this than they'd realised, one way or another. In short, it
>hopes to persuade people that this is worth looking into.
>

>Are many ABC programs currently capable of generating MusicXML ? There's
>a command-line Windows/Linux abc2xml (it's incomplete, it's buggy, it's
>closed-source and email to the author bounces, but apart from that it's
>great. It exists, for a start), what other ways are there to turn
>abc into xml ?

Print it out and use SharpEye to scan it in.

SharpEye scans and produces Midi, Niff, MusicXML.

www.visiv.co.uk

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland