On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:14:45PM +0100, I. Oppenheim wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Richard Robinson wrote:
>
> I concur: musicxml is a wondeful development,
> which will finally make it feasible to exchange scores
> between different music processing software, without
> loosing too much information.
>
> > http://www.qualmograph.org.uk/musicxml/
>
> There's a small error in the example files on your
> webpage: the DOCTYPE tags refer to local file:// URLS,
> which won't work on other computers.

That's be the "file:/c:/Program Files/MusicXML/partwise.dtd" bit ? It
doesn't work on mine, either. But it doesn't seem to stop things doing
what they should - perhaps because I have a permanent net onnection so
the external DTD reference can be used. Did it stop you being abe to
use/render the files ? My processor also seems able to process without
validation, which seems to stop it trying to use either (so the complaints
go away). I did say the converter I'm using isn't perfect. But from the

Richard Robinson