Hello,

Yesterday I was thinking about percussion notation in ABC.

When clef=perc, abcm2ps prints an X-like note head for sharp notes and a
circled X note head for flat notes (normal heads for natural notes).

According to the ABC 2.0 draft IV, the number of staff lines can be set
by V:<ID> stafflines=<N>.

For MIDI players, a compatible approach could be (I thought) to reset
the map of percussion sounds:

% drum map
_e=42   % closed hi-hat
^e=46   % open hi-hat
^g=55   % splash cymbal
E=36    % bass drum
G=38    % acoustic snare
% etc.

This way, one could write:

X:1
T:Drum map
K:none clef=perc  % using the same pitch positions as of treble clef
|: E2 GE zE z2 & z_e z_e z_e z_e :|

--------

That is my basic idea. Has anybody a suggestion for a good syntax for it?

Cheers,
Hudson Lacerda

--
Hudson Lacerda <http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/>
*Não deixe seu voto sumir! http://www.votoseguro.org/

Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você acumula cupons e
concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe! http://yahoo.fbiz.com.br/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM