Hudson Lacerda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I was thinking about percussion notation in ABC.

Good thinking too. :-)

> For MIDI players, a compatible approach could be (I thought) to reset
> the map of percussion sounds

I really wish we didn't need that, but you're right, there's no way
around it. General Midi's default drum map simply doesn't confirm to any
notation system known to mankind - nor to any theoretical notation
system that would make any resemblance of sense.

Of course there's still the problem that some composers, drummers and
other musicians occasionally like to notate different instruments in a
drum kit with exactly the same note heads on exactly the same line (or
rather same spaces since the idea seems to be to *avoid* the lines). I
can't really see any solution to that (unless we go the Finale way and
do the mapping the other way round but that is messy enough in Finale
and would be an absolute nightmare with abc.)

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM