Shlomi,

I skimmed the existing timeline and my first impression was "ugh". There's a lot a stuff that's unrelated to Perl ("Steven Jobs and Steven Wozniak found Apple Computer") and overly opinionated details ("Microsoft infec^H^H^Htroduces Windows to the world."). But once I read on further I realized that this document is quite valuable as it has a ton of relevant information and links. I think it's a great idea to update this document and I applaud your initiative. It does seem like a hard task, though.

To share the work, what do you think about moving it to the wiki? Or at least making the working copy be on the wiki with a "release" HTML version pulled off periodically (with a link back to the wiki)?

Chris