Thanks Jeff, I work on a company that does updates the Google
campaigns on behalf of our customers, I got to ask my bosses first
before posting a soap request id or other customer information.

>From what investigated, this code worked for one customer that had
search and content networks selected in the campaign, and it fails for
another customer which has search "off" and content "on", thus the ad
group has the max cpc bid for search to "off" and only the content to
"on".

So, the "Separate content keyword bids is only applicable in campaigns
with keyword cpc bids" message should mean that I can't set the
keywordcontentmaxcpc if search if off, so it seems we can set it
manually through the Adwords web page, but not through the API, is
that right?

I'll ask if I can post here that request id information, thanks for
your help.

Regards,

Xavier