I set it zero and the content bid gets set to Auto when I see it
through the web, if I'm not wrong Auto is not the same as using the
search bid (it's an average of keyword bids).

I solve this by editing the bids entering them manually through the
web, but the idea is to use the API to turn this into something
automatic.

The thing that drives me crazy is that with other customer account, I
can have campaigns and adgroups with the exact same settings and the
API call works (I mean setting the content bid when search is off), so
I'm not sure if there is something that I'm missing or if it's a real
API bug.

Regards,

Xavier