I had all of the 3D files for an AR-15 years ago.
Widely available for download.
Easy to send to a 3D printer or a CNC milling machine.

The news is hyping this as something new.  I’ll bet those files I downloaded
are at least 10 years old.
Give me a gun, micrometer, calipers, height gauge and I will re-create those
files in a day.

What is the difference between thick walled tubing and a barrel?
Is a file that gives the design for a trigger or hammer going to be outlawed.
But what if you make cap guns...  Squire guns... airsoft or paint ball guns....

And are they going to outlaw just certain gun part files or combinations of
files.... this seems totally impossible to outlaw.