We kicked ignitenet to the curb in favor of them... and so far I'm very happy (and those of you that know me know it's hard to make me happy).

On 2/5/20 3:22 PM, Robert Andrews wrote:
We had them running at 800 meters and they were very touchy on alignment and tended to go up and down a bit on speeds but went to top speeds with a reboot.   Benchmarked as advertised.   Now running them at 500-600 meters and they are very happy even through light to medium rain and snow.  Solid even.

On 02/05/2020 08:53 AM, David Coudron wrote:
We haven’t set them up at 1000 meters yet, but short range testing that we have done shows them passing near 1G of traffic using iPerf. So they can do that speed with the right link characteristics.   We will eventually get them out and see what they can do on longer runs, but haven’t messed with that yet.

Regards,

David Coudron

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of * Sam Lambie
*Sent:* Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:48 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] Mikrotik 60 ghz Wireless Wire Performance.

I have a couple of institutions that can't afford a licensed point to point solution to get near a gigabit of throughput. So, trying to save the 5ghz spectrum for our PTMP network, I am looking at these https://mikrotik.com/product/wireless_wire_dishas a possibility. the shots would right around 1000 meters. Does anyone have any real world experience with these radios that you would like to share? Any other non 5ghz and 24ghz solutions out there that you have used to get near a gigabit FDX?

Thanks

*Sam Lambie*
Taosnet Wireless Tech.
575-758-7598 Office