From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of ch...@wbmfg.com
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 9:54 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] OT business decorum

Had a vendor make a visit to my company a while back and during the visit he
was dropping the F bomb left and right.  I would have thought he would have
toned it down as my wife was in the meeting.  After he left I told a
manufacturer’s rep about it and he contacted the guys boss and the next thing I
know the guy is apologizing.  Was not trying to cause him problems as work,
just asking for a sanity check.

I have been in probably thousands of board and business meetings over the
years, and don’t recall anyone ever being gratuitous in the use of the F word.
I do recall one of the big bosses at Harris Broadcast in Quincy Il complaining
about their director of sales being too salty for high end businesses meetings.

Then yesterday I was taken to task by a video blogger which had done a pretty
good job in his Tesla review except for the F bomb every other sentence.  I
told him it was about as welcome as a fart in an elevator.  He thinks I am too
old to have a valid opinion.  I guess he is one of those thin skinned
millennials...

TV shows it all the time, but I don’t think it is common in the business world.
 Perhaps Utah is in a bubble?

--
*Jay Weekley*
*Cyber Broadband