When you get a sales person that has that kind of connectivity they pretty much feel they can pull those customers with them to any provider they want to work for.   Watched exactly that at L3 when we started up.  They hired a team of sales droids that could pull million dollar customers over because of a higher commission plan.   The VP of sales then pulled the rug out from under them after the first year.  L3 lost a couple of those huge customers when the sales droids jumped ship but kept the majority of them with lower prices paid partially with the new sales droid contracts...