I don't think I mentioned anything about residential or business. I would
assume you would only want/need a sales person for business accounts. Mass
media can handle the residential subs. 10% of gross is a pretty huge
number, but hey, it's your call of course. The trouble comes when they do
everything you asked them to, and you can't afford them. Then what.

I would just be really cautious about residuals and definitely have an
expiration less than that of the contract. But maybe you will have a better
experience than all the salespeople that have worked for me. You can get
someone to maintain $2M worth of accounts for a lot less than $200,000.In
fact, you can likely get 3 people. The issue is once they start making
$200k a year from residual, will they work just as hard to bring you
another $2M or just sit back and coast.

Enterprise Fleet has an interesting approach where they pay the salesperson

--
Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell