https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC7i_GSrGlk&ab_channel=ProjectsWithEverydayDave

On 1/20/22 9:20 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
My hunting property is 100% solar.
I've got 2kw of panels and just a 3kw inverter/charger & 8kw of battery.
I went with a growatt all-in-one unit for the charger/inverter.

I run a pioneer 12k mini-split
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVW6G06/?th=1) primarily for cooling
and use a wood stove for heating. I do use the heat-pump on occasion.

Obviously I'm only there a few days at a time, if I were there longer I
would use Chuck's recommendations on the battery bank sizing as it is, I
could probably double my battery bank.

-----Original Message-----
From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 6:08 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: Major off topic. Off grid home

I am working on my first off grid home, and hope to do another in the
future somewhere more northerly..    This one is in the sunbelt of N.
Nevada and currently I have 4K of solar feeding a 30KW LFP battery bank
through currently a Victron charge controller and a couple midnight solar
inverters to generate a flawed 220 as well as two sides of 110.  ( the 220
will not run the well controller even though supposedly
configured for such. )    I am upgrading the inverters and controller to
https://www.signaturesolar.com/products/8kw-48v-240vac-split-phase-120a-250v
dc-off-grid-inverter-by-growatt

planning on doing a couple 9K mini-splits for heating/cooling.

I wonder if this group has some gotchas that I might learn from in
advance before I buy myself into a corner...    I'm all ears..

thanks!!