Unless it's Solar, in which case you need to spread the sunk cost over the time of return, which can get darn cheap!!

On 1/20/22 7:46 AM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
That said, the last time I checked, propane and wood pellets cost half that of electricity for heating.  And natural gas was half that again.  So natural gas vs electric heat pump for heating would probably be the same energy cost.
*From:* Chuck McCown via AF
*Sent:* Thursday, January 20, 2022 8:40 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Cc:* ch...@go-mtc.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT: Major off topic. Off grid home
3.41 BTU per watt for resistive heating.  Heat pump gives you way more heat per watt.  That is why most of the electric cars have gone to heat pumps for the heater.  The heat pump Tesla will run the heater for 36 hours and still leave you with enough battery to get home in many cases.
Chuck McCown
McCown Technology Corporation
8401 N Commerce Dr
Lake Point, Utah 84074