10 kW of solar would cost about $5K or less.  Say you spend $200 per month on
gas  the panels pay for themselves in a couple of years.

From: Darin Steffl
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2022 9:23 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] LENT

That calculation is wrong based on current data in MN at least. I ran the
numbers and 300 miles out of 358 mile range on M3 long range is roughly 68kwh
out of an 82kwh battery. In MN at 0.33/kwh, the cost to add 300 miles of range
is about $22.67

Compare to a camry that maybe averages 32 MPG at $4.30 a gallon and the cost to
go the same 300 miles is $40.31 so I guess even with higher charger costs than
normal, it's still cheaper than gas. Comparing to an suv or truck and it's even
more savings.

The best part is that tesla is more efficient than most/all gas vehicles but
also faster than many of them too.

The cost at home for me to add 300 miles of range is about $8.25