No shop visits is what sold my wife.

On 5/27/22 8:19 AM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
My rate is typically $0.12 per kWh or less but I have grid tied solar at home and at the shop, so in theory I get free charging.  But also free from stopping at a gas station all the time and never any oil changes.
*From:* Darin Steffl
*Sent:* Friday, May 27, 2022 9:02 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Cc:* Josh Luthman ; Chuck McCown
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] LENT
I forgot to reply about the Supercharger costs. So as long as you have your credit card linked to your tesla account, charging is super easy. Back up to the pedestal and plug it in. That's it. It's then billed to your account at the end of the session. Costs have increased a lot this year so it's becoming closer to the cost of gas but not quite there. It will always be cheaper to charge at home for your daily use. Only use superchargers for road trips. In MN, the supercharger costs $0.33/kwh but my home is roughly $0.125/kwh so almost 3x cheaper at home. I think in 2018 when I had my first tesla, it was around $0.21/kwh at chargers. On Fri, May 27, 2022, 9:58 AM Darin Steffl <darin.ste...@mnwifi.com> wrote:

    Tesla definitely has precondition schedule to warm the battery and
    interior with Hvac. I don't use it in my garage because I don't
    care to have the car warm or cold before my drive. It heats and
    cools so fast I don't see the point. I sometime manually turn on
    Hvac to defrost my windshield in the winter when it's sitting
    outside. Turn it on 5 to 10 mins before you're ready to go and
    your car is heated, seats are hot, and steering wheel too. All
    from within the app of course.
    On Fri, May 27, 2022, 9:44 AM Chuck McCown via AF