From: "af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM
To: "af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Gino, Jaime

Ken,

Careful when talking about Cubanos...I had a very interesting experience with
that word while living in Buenos Aires. In the all to common traffic jams, guys
will walk between the cars selling "Cubanos". They are like waffle cones rolled
up with dolce de leche inside. One day I was was in a truck with two Argentines
and two Mexican guys and decided to try some "Cubanos". I honestly can't
remember the Argentine word for the filling, but whatever they called it, the
mexican guys did not understand.  So, the Mexican guys took a bite and after
exclaiming "ahh, es cajeta," The Argnetine guys'  heads whipped around, eyes
wide open glancing down at their "cubano" wondering why theirs did not have
this same filling. So now that everyone in the car was thoroughly confused, I
had to ask what all the confusion was about. It turns out that in Argentina,
cajeta is a rather lude term refering toe the taste of a woma....better not go
there. Anyway, it was really fun getting to know the difference between the two
dialects. Just shows, you have to be careful...might end up insulting someone.
;)

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Jaime Solorza via Af