Thank you very much for all of you that helped with Open Beta.  It was a very
long release, but there were lots of things found and fixed as a result of
having you helping us with access to your systems.

I’d like to highlight here, for those of you that don’t read the release notes,
due to the MIMO-A changes and isolated issues seen during the upgrade procedure
at some customers sites, we are recommending an SM-first upgrade when going to
13.2.  Most customers were able to do the normal AP-first upgrade without
issues.  But there were some changes in the Air Interface PHY that could
potentially cause SMs to have a hard time registering when you have mixed
versions between 13.2 and earlier (13.1.3).   Even doing an SM-first (reverse)
upgrade, most, if not all, of the SMs should come back in session, so it isn’t
a downtime upgrade (where the SMs don’t register until the AP is upgraded).

There is more information in the release notes as well as instructions on how
to do this type of upgrade as well as help to switch procedures if you have
already started a normal upgrade and have SMs having trouble registering.

We saw no issues with registration (we actually saw improvements due to MIMO-A
control messages) in SM registration once the sector was fully on 13.2.  This
last problem is a big part of the final 2-3 week delay.   Also we were able to
fully fix the 13.2 Open Beta nagging Ethernet lockup detection problem.

Please enjoy 13.2, it has been a long time in the making!

For the questions about 13.2 being for PMP100, the answer is no.  And I can’t
comment quite yet on any possible upcoming releases for the PMP100.

Regards,
-Aaron