We changed out a 430 5.7 90 degree sector AP this morning for a 450 5.7 90 sector this morning with 13.2 running on the 74 430 SM's on the sector. With 74 SM's on a 430 you can probably guess why we changed it :-)

ALL 430 SM's came back online cleanly, with very minimal downtime for the customers. SM signal strengths look unchanged across the board.

We did swap 5 of the highest usage customers to 450 SM's after the AP swap.

I would not have expected as big of a difference in peak bandwidth usage without swapping significantly more customers to 450 SM's than we did but:

It looks like peak bandwidth went from just over 30Mb to just over 40Mbps already. The TX errors are overrun which we start seeing as the AP nears or reaches capacity. I expect that to go away as we swap out more SM's.

In any case it appears it's very safe to change out a 430AP for a 450. We have done this swap several times before with prior software versions and have usually had to visit a handful of customers to get them back online. This time we planned a little better (making sure 450 compatibility was enabled on all of the SM's), all units had 13.2 on them, and that the antenna was aimed with the same angle and downtilt. I believe the new software made this a smoother process.

Thanks Cambium!

Mark

--
Mark Radabaugh